"This apricot sweet sauce really brings out the flavor in corned beef. It is great to serve the sauce over cooked carrots also!"
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Coat a large pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place corned beef in dish and add water. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours; drain liquid.
- 3In a small bowl combine apricot preserves, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Spread the apricot mixture evenly over the corned beef.
- 4Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) 25 to 30 more minutes, or until the meat is tender; basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- 5Slice corned beef across grain and serve.
- 4 1/2 pounds corned beef, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
November 26, 2016