"Colorful, English biscuits very popular with kids."
Method for Fruit Preserve Sandwich Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- 2Sift the flour into a bowl and cut in the butter or margarine. Mix in the sugar and almonds. Using a fork, mix in the egg until dough becomes stiff.
- 3Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll out dough into a thin layer and cut into rounds, 2 inches wide. Re-roll trimmings and cut until you have 20 rounds. Place rounds on cookie sheets.
- 4Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Let cool on the sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- 5When biscuits are completely cold, spread half of the rounds with a thin layer of preserves and sandwich together. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup any flavor fruit jam
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
January 17, 2017