"Soda bread farls are ideal for frying after they have been made a day or so. These taste great with a poached egg on top. Fried soda is also one of the essential ingredients in an Ulster fry."
Method for Fried Irish Soda Farls
- 1Split the soda farl in half horizontally.
- 2Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Gently fry soda bread for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown. Serve hot, seasoned lightly with salt.
- 1 prepared soda bread farl
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste (optional)
December 15, 2016