"This is so easy, and since it's creamier than the store-bought versions of Irish creme liqueur, we prefer it. Drink a pinch as liqueur or use to make Irish coffees. One may add more Irish whisky for stronger flavor. Store in refrigerator for up to three weeks."
Method for Erin's Irish Creme Liqueur
- 1Put chocolate chips and butter in a glass bowl; heat in microwave on high until chips are softened, about 30 seconds. Stir chocolate mixture until smooth, cooking in microwave another 15 seconds to assure chocolate is soft enough, if needed. Add Irish whiskey and stir until smooth.
- 2Dissolve coffee granules in hot water in a small pitcher. Pour the chocolate mixture, sweetened condensed milk, and cream into the pitcher and stir until smooth.
- 3Refrigerate mixture until completely chilled, at least 20 minutes.
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 1/2 fluid ounces Irish whiskey, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
December 20, 2016