"A dense pound cake with three flavors--vanilla, orange and almond."
Method for English Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. It should be noticeably lighter in color. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla, orange and almond extracts. Blend in the flour mixture, alternating with the sour cream, until fully incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Allow cake to cool on rack before removing from pan to cool completely.
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
February 24, 2017