"This cake recipe with the distinct flavor of caraway seeds hails from Great Britain."
Method for English Caraway Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C). Grease and flour the bottom and sides of an 8 inch round cake pan with 1 tablespoon softened butter or margarine.
- 2Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 3Cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine and sugar together. Mix in caraway seeds and egg. Add flour mixture and milk, beating well. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- 4Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
December 08, 2016