"This is a recipe my mother had in Scotland. I have saved it since I was a teenager because the tarts are so good."
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2Arrange tart shells on a baking sheet. Distribute raisins evenly into shells. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, shortening, egg, vanilla and salt. Mix until smooth, and pour over raisins in shells.
- 3Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Be careful not to over bake.
- 12 (2 inch) unbaked tart shells
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
March 22, 2017