"I know these aren't the real thing but my Grandma made them for us and we loved them."
Method for Easy Bakewell Tarts
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin.
- 2Prepare cake mix according to package directions, set aside.
- 3Prepare pie crust according to package directions. Using a round cutter or glass, cut 24 rounds in crust to fit in bottom of muffin tins. Place dough circles in bottom of muffin tins. Top each circle with 1 tablespoon of jam. Pour cake batter over jam so that cups are 3/4 full.
- 4Bake in preheated oven until cake springs back when touched, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in pans before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 cups strawberry jam
January 27, 2017