"Very much like sticky date pudding - nice and moist, and made without eggs."
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, combine dates, brown sugar, margarine and boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes. Stir in flour, soda and vanilla. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Allow to cool.
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
March 09, 2017