"Individual pasties--originally made to pack in lunch boxes."
Method for Cornish Pastie II
- 1Divide pastry in three equal parts. Roll 1/3 to make 8x15 inch rectangle. Trim edges and cut to make two 7-inch squares. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with other two thirds of pastry.
- 2Arrange layer of potatoes on half of each pastry square, top with layer of onion and then with meat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- 3Moisten pastry edges with cold water and fold over to make triangles; press edges together to make tight seal. A tight seal retains steam and makes juicy pastries.
- 4Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Serve hot with chili sauce, ketchup, or pickle relish or serve cold for sandwiches.
- 1 recipe pastry for a (10 inch) double crust pie
- 2 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 pound round steak, thinly sliced and cut in 1/2 inch pie
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
November 30, 2016