"A Ukrainian twist on an Irish classic! My Mother has made this for years, it's so creamy and delicious."
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Bring cabbage pieces to a boil in a pot and simmer until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, then transfer cabbage to a 2-quart baking dish.
- 3Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in corned beef and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Break up any large chunks of corned beef.
- 4Spread corned beef mixture over cabbage.
- 5Melt remaining 1/3 cup butter in the same skillet over medium heat; whisk in flour.
- 6Pour in milk and season with salt and pepper. Continue whisking until sauce comes to a simmer and is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Pour sauce over corned beef and cabbage mixture.
- 8Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 (12 ounce) cans corned beef
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
January 27, 2017