"My Grandma used to send these to the soldiers in the Second World War. I've modified their sugar content as they used to be quite sweet."
Method for Coconut Tarts
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place frozen mini tart shells on a baking sheet.
- 2Beat the butter, sugar, egg, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract, mixing until fully combined. Stir in the coconut. Place 1/2 teaspoon of jam into each mini tart shell, and fill the shells with about 1 tablespoon of the coconut mixture.
- 3Bake in the preheated oven until the shells and topping are lightly golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 12 (2 inch) frozen mini tart shells
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
November 30, 2016