"I grew up eating this boiled dinner on Sundays When I visited my Irish Granny. One of the things that makes this recipe special is that instead of corned beef, it calls for Smoked Shoulder. Oh What A yummy smell will fill your kitchen as this cooks!"
- 1Place the smoked pork into a large pot and fill with enough water to cover. Season with salt and pepper, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 2Add the carrots, potato, cabbage and onions; cover and continue to simmer. Use kitchen string to tie the green beans into a bundle. Add them to the pot, cover and continue to cook until the carrots and potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- 3To serve, remove pork to a serving dish. Arrange vegetables around it. Allow the pork to rest about 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3 pounds smoked pork shoulder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 8 ounces carrots, cut in half
- 1 large head cabbage, quartered
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
February 09, 2017