"This is a very Scottish dish to be served as a vegetable dish or as an accompaniment to haggis, beef, pork, lamb, or game."
Method for Clapshot
- 1Place the potatoes, turnips, carrots, and salt in a Dutch oven, fill with water to cover the vegetables and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium-high and boil the vegetables until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and mash the vegetables with a potato masher. Spoon the mashed vegetables into a serving dish, top with cubes of butter and drizzle with cream.
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 pound turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 pound carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
February 24, 2017