"These cupcakes are made from scratch with a stout beer, then filled with an Irish whiskey-chocolate filling and topped off with some Irish cream icing. These are perfect for St. Patrick's Day."
It is an ideal option for a wonderful dessert, as the cooking method is very easy and convenient for everyone. It is one of the best options for any table. Chocolate Beer Cupcakes With Whiskey Filling And Irish Cream Icing is one of the most delicious and useful dishes that can be prepared at home.
Method for Chocolate Beer Cupcakes With Whiskey Filling And Irish Cream Icing
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 3Bring Irish stout beer and 1 cup butter to a boil in a saucepan and set aside until butter has melted, stirring occasionally. Mix in cocoa powder until smooth.
- 4Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- 5Beat eggs with sour cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low until well combined. Slowly beat in the beer mixture, then the flour mixture; beat until the batter is smooth.
- 6Divide batter between the prepared cupcake cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- 7Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 17 minutes.
- 8Cool the cupcakes completely. Cut cores out of the center of each cupcake with a sharp paring knife. Discard cores.
- 9Bring cream to a simmer in a saucepan over low heat; stir in bittersweet chocolate until melted.
- 10Mix in 2 tablespoons butter and Irish whiskey until butter is melted; let mixture cool to room temperature. Filling will thicken as it cools.
- 11Spoon the filling into the cored cupcakes.
- 12For frosting, whip 1/2 cup butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 13Set mixer to low speed and slowly beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Beat in the Irish cream liqueur; adjust thickness of frosting with more confectioners' sugar if needed.
- 14Spread frosting on filled cupcakes.
- 1 cup Irish stout beer (such as Guinness®)
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Irish whiskey, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, or more as needed
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys®), or more to taste
March 22, 2017