"Easy cheesy Irish boxty-type potato cakes."
Method for Cheesy Potato Cakes
- 1Mix grated potatoes with flour in a large bowl.
- 2Stir Cheddar cheese and mashed potatoes into the grated potato mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Beat egg, ranch dressing, and milk together in a separate bowl; pour mixture into potatoes and stir.
- 4Heat vegetable in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Drop tablespoon size scoops of the potato mixture into the hot oil.
- 6Pan-fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- 1 1/2 cups grated raw potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
December 20, 2016