"A yummy, melt-in-your mouth, cinnamon spiced spin on the traditional Scottish cookies."
Method for Brown Sugar Spiced Shortbread
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture is like fine crumbs. Pack the crumbs into a ball, then knead by hand until smooth. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into an 8 inch circle. Place the circle on a baking sheet, and slice into 16 wedges. Leave the circle intact.
- 3Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center has set. Cut the circle into wedges again while it is still warm, and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
February 09, 2017