"Warm and soft Irish tradition passed down our family line, and directly into our bellies."
With the help of an easy and practical recipe you will have a wonderful result, which will definitely be liked by every person who will try it․
Brennan's Irish Soda Bread will be the most favorite thing on your table.
Method for Brennan's Irish Soda Bread
- 1Stir the milk and vinegar together, and allow to stand until curdled, about 10 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet. In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Gradually stir the soured milk into the flour mixture until the dough just comes together, and turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface. Knead a few times, and shape into a round. Place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut an X shape into the top of the dough to release steam and help the bread keep its round shape.
- 4Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
March 29, 2017