A blend of chiles and spices simmered with beef stew meat. Very delicious and served with cilantro, limes, and onion as condiments and Mexican rice or beans as side dishes.
Method for Birria Recipe
- 1Place Anaheim and guajillo peppers in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- 2Pour chiles and water into a blender; add onion, mixed spices, and salt. Blend until sauce is smooth.
- 3Mix stew meat, sauce, and bay leaves in a large pot; cook over medium-low heat until meat is very tender, 3 to 5 hours.
- 5 dried Anaheim chile peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 5 guajillo chile peppers, stemmed and seeded
- water to cover
- ¼ onion
- 1 tablespoon mixed spices, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 6 bay leaves
September 13, 2021