"This is a lovely cheese sauce on toast. It was my mom's recipe. She used to make this when she had to feed a family of 9 with very few resources. However, I remember this as some of the best comfort food. Serve over buttered toast. For an extra special dish, we like to top it with a fried egg."
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir flour and salt into onion until flour forms a paste, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Gradually whisk milk and Dijon mustard into onion mixture and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4Stir Cheddar cheese and white beans into sauce until cheese melts into sauce, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
February 24, 2017