"This recipe makes lovely individual tarts. Serve each tart adorned with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg."
Method for Banbury Tarts
- 1Chop the figs as fine as possible, measure to 1 cup, and pour boiling water over to cover. Allow to stand for 45 minutes. Drain very well.
- 2Beat the egg and sugar together. Stir in the figs, peel, raisins, and nuts. Fill tart shells 3/4 full with fruit filling.
- 3Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on racks.
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped candied citron
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 (5 inch) unbaked tart shells
December 15, 2016