"Layered ingredients baked in the oven make for an easy, quick and tasty meal that's good for those long cold winter nights."
Method for Baked Corn Beef Hash
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, spread the baked beans in a casserole dish. Toss the corned beef with the tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl and sprinkle over the beans. Spread the onions overtop, followed by the mashed potatoes. Finally, sprinkle with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 3Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until the casserole is hot and bubbly.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
November 30, 2016