"A flavorful, slightly spiced potato dish from North/North East Scotland. Perfect with roast meats, or double up the helpings and serve as a tasty supper."
Method for Bacon Clapshot
- 1Place the potatoes and turnips in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2Drain the potatoes and turnips, return them to the saucepan and mash until creamy. Add the butter and milk and beat until fluffy. Stir in the crumbled bacon and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- 1 1/3 pounds potato, peeled and quartered
- 2/3 pound turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
January 27, 2017