"I got this from my mother. It's as English as you can get. Decorate with whipped cream and flaked chocolate."
Method for Australian English Trifle
- 1Place the cake in a glass serving bowl and cover with the canned fruit. Prepare gelatin according to package instructions and pour over fruit and cake.
- 2Combine custard powder and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in milk and cook until thick and creamy. Pour over sponge cake mixture. Chill until set.
- 1 (10 inch) sponge cake, cut in cubes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package port wine flavored gelatin mix
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
December 08, 2016