"A favorite among my family and friends. The apples go great with the shortbread crust. Very easy and delicious! Serve with whipped cream."
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
- 2Sift four, 1/2 cup sugar and salt into a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Fold in egg yolks (mixture will be crumbly). Remove 1/4 of mixture, and set aside. Press remainder onto bottom and sides an 8 inch tart shell or pie pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place apples into crust, and sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over top.
- 4Place pie on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chilled butter, diced
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/4 pounds Golden Delicious apple - peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
March 09, 2017