"Good rolled cookies."
Method for Abernathy Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, seeds and lemon zest until blended well. Add to the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. If the dough seems a bit stiff, add extra milk, one tablespoon at a time.
- 4On a floured surface, roll dough out 1/4 inch thick and cut using a 2-inch round cutter. lace cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- 5Bake in preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons caraway seed
January 17, 2017